Degrees and Certifications:
Ed.S, Administration and Supervision, Lincoln Memorial University, 1998
M.Ed., Administration and Supervision, Lincoln Memorial University, 1992
B.S., Natural Science Education with Honors, University of Tennessee, 1987
1. Promote the Mission and Vision of MJHS
2. Culture of Trust and Collaboration
3. Clear Communication
5. Reduce Achievement Gaps
6. High Student Achievement and Academic Growth
- Principal, Marville Junior High School 2012-present
- Principal, Maryville Middle School 2005-2012
- Assistant Principal, Maryville Middle School 2004-2005
- School Counselor, Maryville Middle School 2001-2004
- Science Teacher, Maryville Middle School1995-2001
- Elementary Teacher, Sam Houston Elementary School1990-1995
- Research Assistant, NASA Life sciences Project 1989-1990
- Radio-analytical Chemistry Supervisor, International Technology Corp. 1988-1989
- Leadership philosophy encompasses processes in which cooperating individuals influence and motivate each other to promote the attainment of group and individual goals through team-based decision making.
- Commitment to educational excellence and the ability to inspire and motivate others with a student-focused approach to schooling that unites stakeholders.
- Educational vision is driven by a student-focused, collaborative philosophy and being mindful of what is educationally sound and best practices.
Licensure and Certificates:
- Professional Administrator K-12 License-Tennessee.
- Professional License: General Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Elementary 1-8, School Counseling, and Administration and Supervision K-8 Tennessee.
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- Tennessee Association of Secondary School Principals
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development