Maryville Junior High School
This notice is being provided on behalf of Maryville Junior High School. It describes how information about your child is handled and the steps we take to protect your privacy. We call this information "directory information". If your child is withdrawn from Maryville Junior High School, we will continue to handle information about your child the same way we handle the information if your child was still enrolled at the school.
Protecting Student Educational Records
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your child's privacy. Schools are generally prohibited from disclosing personally identifiable information about our child without your written consent. Exceptions to this law include.
- Disclosures made to school officials with legitimate educational interests
- Disclosures made to another school at which the student intends to enroll
- Disclosures made to state and local education authorities for auditing or evaluating federal or state-supported education programs, or enforcing federal laws that relate to those programs
- Disclosures to law enforcement officials
- Disclosures due to court orders and subpoenas
- Disclosures including information the school has designated as "directory information"
Information We Collect
We collect information such as the following:
- Permanent record cards, report cards, transcripts, social security number, class schedules
- Special Education Records
- Disciplinary records
- Contact and family information
- Immunization and health information
- Attendance records
- Formative and summative assessment records
- Birth certificate
- Court documents if there are custody issues
- Proof of residency
Sharing of Directory Information
We may share directory information with other companies so that they can perform services for us on our behalf. We may, for example, disclose information to companies for school pictures, school yearbooks, and enrichment opportunities. To service providers so they can provide marketing and ordering services for us. We may disclose limited information such as:
- Name, address, telephone listing, electronic mail address, dates of attendance, and grade level
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
- Honors and awards received
- The most recent school attended
Right To Opt Out Of Directory Information Disclosures
You have the right to opt out of directory information disclosures and may do so by notifying the Maryville Junior High School main office in writing of your desire to opt-out. Please be advised that if you opt out of these disclosures you may not have access to information regarding the ordering of school pictures, the school yearbook, and other enrichment opportunities.
We will send notices at least once a year, as required by federal law. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time.